Permits, Orders or Schemes

Complete the steps below to ensure the safe and compliant movement of your vehicle across WA.

Licence your vehicle

In WA, you will need to register your vehicle through Department of Transport before applying for your permit or order.

Licence your vehicle

Become an operator

To operate under an Order or Permit, you must first register as an Operator with Main Roads.

Become an operator

Register your vehicle(s)

To operate under an Order or Permit, you'll first need to register your vehicle and trailer with Main Roads.

Register your vehicle

Become Accredited

Anyone requiring a permit or order, including interstate operators, must first become accredited.

Become accredited

In WA, a Main Roads issued permit or order is required when driving a Restricted Access Vehicle (RAV) on a public road.

Find out more

Acknowledgement of country

The Government of Western Australia acknowledges the traditional custodians throughout Western Australia and their continuing connection to the land, waters and community. We pay our respects to all members of the Aboriginal communities and their cultures; and to Elders both past and present.

Tell us what you think

Help us improve our website by sharing your thoughts and suggestions.

Provide feedback