Concessional Permits allow you to operate at mass limits above those prescribed for heavy vehicles in the Road Traffic (Vehicle) Regulations 2014.
A Concessional Livestock Period Permit allows eligible vehicle combinations to have 18.5 tonnes on tandem axle groups and 23 tonnes on tri-axle groups when transporting livestock.
- Eligible vehicle combinations include the Category 1 Prime Mover & Semi Trailer, the Category 2 B-Double and the Category 5 A-Double, as defined in the Prime Mover Combinations Operating Conditions.
- The prime mover must have a tandem axle drive group with a minimum rating of 18.5 tonnes.
- All semi-trailers must have a tri-axle group and all dollies must have a tandem axle group.
- The vehicle combination must be transporting cattle, sheep, pigs or horses only.
- Trailers used to transport cattle must have no more than two (2) decks.
- Trailers used to transport sheep must have no more than four 4 decks.