Watermain installation worksAs part of the early works program, a new watermain is being installed along Brinsmead Road and across Abernethy Road to Adelaide Street. These works will take place over two consecutive weekends through a 24/7 operation in two stages:
- Stage 1 – Install 150m of pipe under Brinsmead Road, between Abernethy and Collopy Road.
- Stage 2 – Install 65m of pipe under Abernethy Road, between Adelaide Street and Brinsmead Road.
For more information on the closures and detour information, please see our latest Roadworks Update.
Lloyd Street Bridge update
Main Roads and the City of Swan have started discussions with Traditional Owners to explore the viability of a new alignment for the Lloyd Street Bridge. A recent proposal submitted by Traditional Owners would relocate the bridge further west, to a narrower crossing of the Helena River, loosely following the footprint of the old Whiteman Road bridge that was demolished in 2002. Subject to the outcome of these discussions, further site investigation and project development activity could take place.
Read more in the latest Media Statement.
- Two major interchanges at: Great Eastern Highway Bypass and Roe Highway, and Great Eastern Highway Bypass and Abernethy Road.
- An extension of Lloyd Street from its current end point to the south of Clayton Street to the Great Eastern Highway Bypass, including a new bridge over the Helena River.
- Upgrades to the Great Eastern Highway Bypass, including the removal of the existing intersection at Stirling Crescent.
- Upgrades to parts of Abernethy Road.
- Upgrade of Roe Highway between Talbot Road and Clayton Street, including a bridge duplication over Helena River.
- Completion of the 30 km shared path network on Roe Highway between Great Eastern Highway and Kwinana Freeway.
- Modification of existing utilities and services to enable construction.