A temporary closure of access between South Coast Highway and George Street will occur from Monday 27 November 2023 Thursday 11 January 2024.
Access closure between South Coast Highway and George Street - November 2023 to January 2024
During the temporary closure, the following traffic changes will occur:
- Access between South Coast Highway and George Street will be closed to all road users
- Access to George Street for residents is available via Lower Denmark Road
- Access between South Coast Highway and Lower Denmark Road will be available via Balston Road and Roundhay Street
Bridge beam installation on South Coast HighwayFive 140 tonnes beams were installed at the future Albany Ring Road / South Coast Highway interchange between 6 and 12 November. This important milestone will allow bridge and road construction in this area to be finalised over the coming months
Hanrahan Road / Frenchman Bay Road bridge beam deliveries – October and November 2023
- The concrete beams for the new Hanrahan Road / Frenchman Bay Road bridge will be transported from a manufacturing facility in Herne Hill, Perth to the project site off Hanrahan Road, between 19 October and late-November.
- The transportation dates for next convoys are:
- Wednesday 22 November, arriving in Albany Thursday 23 November
- Friday 24 November, arriving in Albany Saturday 25 November
- Tuesday 28 November, arriving in Albany Wednesday 29 November
- Thursday 30 November, arriving in Albany Friday 1 December
- Saturday 2 December, arriving in Albany Sunday 3 December
- Each truck will be 67m in length, escorted by up to six pilot vehicles and one Traffic Escort Warden. Each convoy will take fatigue breaks at various stages of the route, including an overnight stop on Albany Highway.
- If you encounter a convoy on Albany Highway, please be cautious, exercise patience and follow the instructions of the traffic controllers, who will facilitate safe overtaking opportunities .
- During the oversize load turning movements, all traffic will be stopped to allow sufficient space for turning. This includes the Albany Highway / Chester Pass Road roundabout, where traffic will be stopped on all approaches to allow each oversize load to enter Hanrahan Road.
Construction Update – September 2023
With the drier Spring conditions just around the corner, construction activity on the Albany Ring Road project will increase significantly. Over the winter months, our focus has been on the bridge sites, consolidating earthworks and undertaking minor activities such as drainage and rock pitching. From mid-September onwards, major works will recommence in all areas of the site, with project completion on-track for mid-2024. Please view our latest Construction Update for more information.
Temporary road layout at Hanrahan Road / Frenchman Bay Road
From Wednesday 25 January until the new interchange is operational in 2024, access between Lower Denmark Road and Princess Royal Drive / Hanrahan Road for all road users will be via a loop along Frenchman Bay Road and Woolstores Place.
A sealed shoulder will be provided for cyclists and pedestrians and a speed reduced to 40km/h through the works. Please drive with care and be aware of the modified road layout.
Temporary traffic changes on South Coast Highway - from 22 January 2023
From Sunday 22 January until the new Albany Ring Road / South Coast Highway interchange is operational in 2024 all traffic along South Coast Highway adjacent to the intersection of Link Road will be diverted to a temporary alignment immediately north of the existing highway. A speed reduced to 40 km/h will be in place through the works area. Please drive with care and be aware of the changed road layout.