Paths & Cycling
Learn about closures and detours on pedestrian and cycling paths around Perth.
As part of our road projects and upgrades, we often work on the nearby paths. There may be detours or alternative routes during construction. Please see the list below for current closures and works on cyclists and pedestrian paths in Perth.
We work with local councils and Department of Transport to develop and maintain the state’s shared path network. We hope to provide safe pathways and useful alternative routes for pedestrians and cyclists.
Current closures and detours
As part of our road projects, we often upgrade or add new shared paths.
The State Government is investing in cycling infrastructure at record levels. We want to provide a safe and convenient path network for all Western Australians.
Read about our current path upgrade projects below.
Sharing the pathThe paths around WA are used by both commuters and recreational users alike. We encourage all path users to be courteous and note the following tips:
- Keep to the left unless overtaking.
- Stay alert of your surroundings, especially at night or if you have headphones on.
- Remember that cyclists must give way to pedestrians on shared paths. Pedestrians include mobility scooters and motorised wheelchair users.
- Cyclists should always use their bell to alert other path users that they are approaching.
- Animals and children on paths can be unpredictable. Slow down around these groups.
- Move off the path if you are stopped.
- If you see detours or path closures, please follow all posted signage or directions from traffic controllers.