Paths and Cycling
Learn about closures and detours on pedestrian and cycling paths around Perth.
As part of our road projects and upgrades, we often work on the nearby paths which may result in detours. Please see the list below for current closures and works on paths in Perth.
We work with local councils and Department of Transport (DoT) to develop and maintain the state’s shared path network. Visit the DoT website for comprehensive maps of all the cycling paths in Perth and WA. We hope to provide safe access and alternative routes for all path users.
Current path closures, disruptions and detours
New paths and upgrades
As part of our road projects, we often upgrade or add new shared paths.
The State Government is investing in cycling infrastructure at record levels to provide a safe and convenient path network for all Western Australians.
See what project we have planned.
Sharing the pathThe paths around WA are used by both commuters and recreational users alike. We encourage all path users to be courteous and note the following tips:
- Keep to the left unless overtaking.
- Stay alert of your surroundings, especially at night or if you have headphones on.
- Remember that cyclists must give way to pedestrians on shared paths. Pedestrians include mobility scooters and motorised wheelchair users.
- Cyclists should always use their bell to alert other path users that they are approaching.
- Animals and children on paths can be unpredictable. Slow down around these groups.
- Move off the path if you are stopped.
- If you see detours or path closures, please follow all posted signage or directions from traffic controllers.