We’ve replaced two bridges in Coates Gully (between El Caballo and Bakers Hill). Work on the replacement of a third bridge is underway and expected to be completed in late February 2023
Work on the remaining bridge includes the construction of a side track between Inkpen Road and Hawke Avenue to keep two traffic lanes open. Due to the location of the side track, road users are encouraged to be particularly careful when traveling to or from Wundowie, via Hawke Avenue.
For the safety of road users and road workers, speed reductions will apply within the work zone – both during construction hours (6am to 7pm) as well as after hours. Temporary traffic lights will also be in place at times and some weekend work should be expected.
Upgrades between Walgoolan and Southern Cross have commenced and are due for completion mid-2023. This includes:
- Upgrade of 15 kilometres between Stephen Road and 2 kilometres West of Noongar South Road in the Shire of Yilgarn
- Intersection upgrades at Penton Road, Ivey Road, Blyth Road, Bodallin South Road and Bodallin North Road
- Bodallin townsite upgrades
- New 2-kilometre East-bound passing lane between Bodallin and Moorine Rock
- A new west-bound rest area between Bodallin and Moorine Rock
- A bridge replacement at Walgoolan and a 3 km realignment around the bridge
- Widening the bridge at Moorine Rock
- Intersection upgrades at Warralakin and Liddell roads