The dualling of Bussell Highway is progressing well, with the next construction season around the corner.
The intersection of Sues Road and Bussell Highway will be temporarily closed from Monday 30 October 2023, for a six-week period. A detour will be available via Vasse Highway during this closure. Visit our Travel Map for more information.
For the safety of all road users and road workers in the area, please follow detour signage and obey traffic management when travelling through the area. Plan ahead to avoid traffic delays.
- Stage One of the project, the 5-kilometre section between Capel and Hutton Road, was completed in December 2021.
- The first section of Stage Two, 3.3 kilometres between Hutton Road and north of Ludlow River, was completed in April 2022.
- Construction of the remaining section of Stage Two, between Ludlow River and Sabina, is currently scheduled for completion in late 2024.
Ludlow River to Ruabon Road Section
- Construction in this section is progressing well, with the Ludlow River bridge deck and major culvert on Ludlow-Hithergreen Road completed.
- Earthworks to the new carriageway are complete and pavement construction is continuing.
- Planning is underway to switch traffic onto a 4-kilometre section of new southbound carriageway in early 2024, to enable works on the existing (northbound) carriageway to commence.
Ruabon Road to Abba River Section
- Earthworks to the new carriageway have been completed, with pavement works well underway.
- Substructure works at the Abba River bridge are complete and superstructure works are in progress.
Abba River to Sabina Section
- Earthworks are complete and pavement works are well advanced on the new carriageway.
- Construction of the pavement at the new Sues Road roundabout has commenced.
- Construction of the Sabina River bridge deck is well underway and should be completed by the end of October 2023.
Stage One: Construction of a 5-kilometre second carriageway from just south of Spurr Street to Hutton Road; including reconstruction of part of the existing carriageway.
Stage Two: Construction of a second carriageway over a 12-kilometre section between Hutton Road and Busselton; including construction of three bridges over the Abba, Ludlow and Sabina River. The works also include reconstruction of parts of the existing carriageway and construction of a dual lane roundabout at the intersection of Bussell Highway and Sues Road.