Values in our Road Reserves
Western Australia’s environment is globally significant with unique conservation values. Our road network often adjoins natural areas with some road reserves themselves containing highly valued remnant vegetation.
We consider our road reserves as our ‘Green Asset’, which contains the following values:
- Supports flora and fauna, including threatened species
- Provides local communities with a sense of place and identity
- Links travellers to natural heritage and supports tourism
- Provides a basis for the wildflower tourism industry
- Contains Heritage Values
- Provides windbreaks and stock shelter areas for adjoining farmland
Environmental values within and adjacent to our road reserves in each of our eight regions are highlighted in our map.