The intersection was a well-known pressure point that was heavily congested during peak periods.
By raising Wanneroo Road over Ocean Reef Road, we have allowed traffic to flow freely, improving safety and providing safer access to nearby suburbs.Upgrades also included:
- Signalised loop ramps to connect Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road.
- New paths and pedestrian crossing points.
- New access road for Cockman House off Woodvale Drive.
- New U-turn facility on Wanneroo Road (north of Villanova Street) to assist southbound traffic movements.
- Drainage improvements.
Project and construction updates
- Project update - October 2020 - PDF (1.85 MB)
- Project update - December 2019 - PDF (939 KB)
- Project update - June 2019 - PDF (2.81 MB)
- Construction update - May 2019 - PDF (378 KB)
- Construction update - April 2019 - PDF (86.8 KB)
- Project Update - October 2018 - PDF (293 KB)
Construction Reference Group
- Workshop summary - November 2019 - PDF (1.73 MB)
- Workshop summary - June 2019 - PDF (1.72 MB)
- Workshop summary - April 2019 - PDF (1.52 MB)
- Workshop summary - February 2019 - PDF (1.36 MB)
- Workshop summary - October 2018 - PDF (1.04 MB)
- Workshop summary - May 2018 - PDF (1 MB)
Fact sheets and reference
- YouTube: Bridge Beam Installation
- Fact Sheet - Temporary Roundabout - Word document (206 KB)
- Fact Sheet - Noise Walls - PDF (488 KB)
- Interchange type selection - PDF (509 KB)
- FAQs - PDF (151 KB)
- Fact Sheet - Issues and benefits - PDF (244 KB)
- Another congestion busting northern suburbs road project delivered - 13 October 2020
- Construction taking shape at Wanneroo Road congestion hotspot - 3 July 2019
- Perth's big job-creating road build making huge progress - 3 July 2019
- Congestion solutions for Perth's north east underway - 11 March 2019
Funded by the Commonwealth and State Governments as part of a $2.3 billion investment in road and rail infrastructure, announced by Premier Mark McGowan on 7 May 2017.