Onslow Road Upgrade
Onslow Road, south of Twitchin Road, carries about 240 vehicles per day, of which 30 per cent are heavy vehicles, while at the intersection with North West Coastal Highway, the traffic count rises to 550 vehicles per day (30 per cent heavy vehicles).
This project improves overall safety and traffic efficiency in the area. It was completed in two stages.
Stage 1 was completed in April 2019. It is a 33 km stretch on the south east end included:
- Upgrading the North West Coastal Highway and Onslow Road intersection.
Stage 2 was 43 km long and includes:
- Structural overlay and resealing
- Targeted sub-base and sub-grade improvements
- Replacement and extension of existing culverts
- Upgrades to signage and road markings