Indian Ocean Drive
Two Rocks to Lancelin
Following a series of serious crashes on Indian Ocean Drive between Two Rocks and Lancelin, an Indian Ocean Drive Safety Review Group was established in August 2017 to examine road safety issues on this stretch of road, and recommendations are in progress to improve safety.
As part of this project, we made the following safety improvements:
- Speed limit reduced from 110 km/h to 100 km/h
- Installed edge and centre audible line marking to reduce head-on collisions and frequency of vehicles running off the road
- Constructed four overtaking lanes.
- Widened the road and applied the Wide Centre Line Treatment.
- Improved signage: installed curve warning signs, wildlife warning signs and new guide signs.
- Installed safety barriers and constructed embankments to reduce road side hazards.
- Installation of flag lighting at KW road and Gingin Brooke Road.
Page last reviewed: | Last updated: