Gibb River Road
Derby Highway to Fairfields-Leopold Downs Road
- Reconstruction of existing narrowed sealed and unsealed sections
- Sealing of sections to 8 m wide and increasing sight distance
- Road realignment, drainage improvements, installation of culverts and floodways
Work is in progress to apply gravel on a 24 kilometre section between Imitji and Mt Barnett. The work will include the stabilisation and sealing of floodways, as well as the sealing of an overtaking opportunity. We hope to complete this work by the end of July.
Following this, work will start on the final 10 kilometres between Derby and the Windjana Gorge / Tunnel Creel turn-off.
See what else is taking place on Gibb River Road on our July Project Update.
- 2015-18: Completed 53 km of upgrades between Bungarun Road and Blina Road
- 2019: Completed sealing of a 9 km section between Roberts Road and Lennard River
- 2020: Sealing of the Gibb River Road/Fairfields–Leopold Downs Road intersection
- 2020-21: Construction and seal of a 9 km unsealed section between Kimberley Downs Road and Kimberley Flats (subject to funding)
Page last reviewed: | Last updated: