Great Eastern Highway
Coates Gully and Walgoolan to Southern Cross
As a vital transport link to the eastern states, two sections of Great Eastern Highway will be upgraded to enhance freight efficiencies and improve safety.
A number of upgrades have already been completed, with the remaining works planned to commence once funding becomes available.
Upgrades planned to commence late 2021 - early 2022:
- Construction will start on a new bridge in Walgoolan in the Shire of Westonia, away from the existing road
- An outstanding 2km section of road will be widened between Walgoolan and Carrabin in the Shire of Westonia
- Construction will start on widening a bridge at Moorine Rock in the Shire of Yilgarn
- Three bridges in Coates Gully between Chedaring Road and Coates Road, Shire of Northam, will be replaced
- Intersection improvements at Hoggarth Road in the Shire of Northam
Construction started in late-2018
Construction is due to finish mid-2022
Up to 1,800 vehicles use the highway each day, with 40 per cent of those heavy vehicles
Page last reviewed: | Last updated: