Derby Highway Intersection Upgrade
Derby Highway (Loch Street) and Waycott Street
This intersection is situated in a popular Derby shopping precinct, in close proximity to several accesses to carparks and businesses, leading to conflicts between motorists and pedestrians crossing the roads and driveways.
To improve pedestrian safety, improvements will be made to the section of Loch Street between Knowsley Street East and Juld Street, which include:
- Construction of a westbound right turning lane into Waycott Street
- Construction of an eastbound right turning lane into BP Colac service station
- Construction of new medians and pedestrian refuges
- Construction of new footpaths and service roads
- Improvements to street lighting
- Access restrictions to some driveways.
The works will require the widening of the main road between Knowsley Street East and Juld Street and modifications to various intersections, driveways, and the road drainage system.
Improve traffic flow
Page last reviewed: | Last updated: