Coolgardie Esperance Highway Upgrade
Emu Rocks Section
Coolgardie-Esperance Highway at Emu Rocks forms part of the Perth-Adelaide route on the National Land Transport Network and is the only direct sealed link between Perth and the Eastern States.
It is the major freight route through the Goldfields Esperance Region, with around 2 million tonnes carted on the route each year; 34% of all traffic on this section of the Highway is heavy vehicles and 11% are caravans.
As part of this project we will be:
- Reconstructing and realigning the road
- Widening and sealing the shoulders
- Constructing passing lanes
- Upgrading a railway crossing
- Adding line marking and audio tactile edge lines
- Upgrading intersections
- Relocating services
- Upgrading and replacing culverts