Broome Cape Leveque Road
Broome Highway to Beagle Bay
During the wet season, access to the Dampier Peninsula was often restricted due to flooding. Once sealed, road users will have all weather access and benefit from the safety improvements.
Broome-Cape Leveque Road provides access through the Dampier Peninsula to Aboriginal communities, pastoral stations, pearling industries and tourist destinations.
- Construction and sealing of the remaining 90 km unsealed section
- Upgrade of the Broome Cape Leveque Road and Broome Highway intersection
- Alignment/geometric and drainage improvements
- The installation of culverts, fauna underpasses and floodways
To help reduce crashes and improve safety, we will also:
- Widen the roads to 8 m
- Install audio tactile edge lines to reduce the risk of vehicles leaving the road
- Flatten roadside batters (the slopes of dirt on the side) to reduce the risk of rollovers
- Install parking bays at regular intervals to provide more rest stop opportunities