Brand Highway Intersection Improvements
Barrett Drive to Lockyer Road
To improve safety on Brand Highway between Barrett Drive and Lockyer Road, we are widening the highway and installing a number of safety treatments, which include:
- Construction of a separate left turning lane southbound off Brand Highway into Barrett Drive
- Widening the intersection of Brand Highway and Barrett Drive
- Extending the dual southbound lanes on Brand Highway past Lockyer Road and moving the merge point past the Lockyer intersection
- Improvements at the Brand Highway and Lockyer Road intersection
- Construction of new medians and island treatments
Find out more about the safety improvements below:
Black Spot funding of $2 million has been committed to safety improvements at the Brand Highway and Barrett Drive intersection.
Currently, as we are in the construction stage of the major intersection improvement works, Barrett Drive and Lockyer Road are closed. Only local access for residents is permitted. These roads will remain closed until project completion. Work is due for completion in late September 2021.
Final asphalt wearing course to be applied from the 20 to 25 September with white lining to follow.
Completion of Western Power street lighting installations will occur once roadworks are complete.
- Late 2020: Relocation of utilities
- February 2021: Construction started
- Late September 2021: Expected construction completion
Page last reviewed: | Last updated: