Stephenson Avenue Extension
The Stephenson Avenue Extension is the first part of the City of Stirling’s broader plan to transform the Stirling City Centre – an area bounded by Karrinyup Road, along Cedric Street and Ellen Stirling Boulevard to Scarborough Beach Road.
It will extend Stephenson Avenue from Scarborough Beach Road to the Mitchell Freeway and Cedric Street. It will also connect key activity hubs, including Westfield Innaloo Shopping Centre, the Osborne Park industrial area and the Stirling City Centre.
Visit the City of Stirling website to learn more about these plans.
The project will be delivered in two phases with phase one delivered by the City of Stirling and phase two delivered by Main Roads:
Phase One: Stephenson Avenue between Scarborough Beach Road and Sarich Court
- Two lanes in each direction with traffic signalised intersections
- New local road connections to Ellen Stirling Boulevard at Oswald Street and Howe Street
- On-street parking
- New Shared Path for pedestrians and cyclists
Phase Two: Stephenson Avenue extension from Sarich Court to Mitchell Freeway and Cedric Street
- Stephenson Avenue from Sarich Court to Cedric Street
- Stephenson Avenue grade separated interchange with Mitchell Freeway (Stephenson Ave bridge over Mitchell Freeway and Joondalup Railway)
- New road from Sarich Court to Cedric St (including new bridge under Stephenson Avenue)
- New Principal Shared Path (PSP) on east side of Mitchell Freeway (from Telford Crescent to Civic Place including an underpass under Stephenson Ave)
- New shared Paths along Stephenson Avenue and connections to the PSP
- Modifications to Cedric Street from the Freeway interchange to the Stirling Station car park access
- New Access to Stirling Station car park
Improve access to the Stirling City Centre
Support future light rail in the area
Page last reviewed: | Last updated: