Kwinana Freeway Southbound
On-ramp from Manning Road
The new Manning Road on-ramp provides freeway access for residents in Como, Manning, Waterford and Salter Point. It will also service activity centres in the wider south metropolitan and complement other congestion busting projects in the southern suburbs.
This project will address access, efficiency and safety issues identified for road users on Manning Road.
As part of the project works we:
- Constructed a southbound on-ramp
- Added a southbound freeway lane from the Canning Highway on-ramp to the Edgewater Road footbridge
- Created a merge lane from the on-ramp to the freeway, heading south
- Closed access to Manning Road from Lockhart Street
- Provided left turn only access at Edgecumbe Street onto Manning Road.
- Installed cabling for future signals at Manning Road and Clydesdale Street intersection (including right-turn pocket from Manning Road to Clydesdale Street).