High Street Upgrade
Stirling Highway to Carrington Street
Currently, High Street between Stirling Highway and Carrington Street is experiencing significant traffic congestion. There is also a high crash rate along this 1.5 km route and heightened safety risks for both road users and pedestrians.
This project hopes to address these issues and improve the general flow of traffic for everyone travelling in and out of Fremantle.
Following consultation with the City of Fremantle and previous feedback from local residents and stakeholders, we developed a new draft concept plan.
To upgrade High Street, we will:
- Add a new roundabout at the intersection of High Street and Stirling Highway
- Create a wide median on High Street to separate traffic lanes and preserve a number of mature trees
- Build a single lane one-way service road for residents on the northern side of High Street
- Construct a new underpass at the junction of Forrest Street and Stirling Highway
- Add a new underpass at the junction of Montreal Street and High Street