Great Eastern Highway Safety Upgrade
Major safety upgrades along Great Eastern Highway were completed in two stages:
- Stage 1: Kintore Road to Mann Street completed in late-2017.
- Stage 2: Bilgoman Road to Kintore Road completed in late-2019.
- 7.2 km of widening to provide sealed shoulders
- Upgrading 23 intersections, including new or extended turning pockets
- New street lighting to Australian standards
- New concrete paths linking 29 upgraded bus stops
- New road markings, advance warning signs and guide posts
- Drainage and safety barriers
- New crossovers to tie into existing driveways were also included for residential and business properties fronting Great Eastern Highway.
- Clearing vegetation
- Relocating and modifying road safety barriers
- Relocating street lights
- Reapplying line-marking
Improved safety and efficiency
Enhanced pedestrian and cycling facilities
Page last reviewed: | Last updated: