Great Eastern Highway Safety Upgrade
Bilgoman Road to Mann Street
Safety upgrades along Great Eastern Highway were completed in two stages:
- Stage 1: Kintore Road to Mann Street completed in late-2017.
- Stage 2: Bilgoman Road to Kintore Road completed in late-2019.
- 7.2 km of widening to provide sealed shoulders
- Upgrading 23 intersections, including new or extended turning pockets
- New street lighting to Australian standards
- New concrete paths linking 29 upgraded bus stops
- New road markings, advance warning signs and guide posts
- Drainage and safety barriers
- New crossovers to tie into existing driveways were also included for residential and business properties fronting Great Eastern Highway.