Armadale Road Upgrade
Tapper Road to Anstey Road
More than 30,000 vehicles use the Armadale Road and Nicholson Road intersection every day, 11% of which are heavy vehicles, and between 2014 to 2018 there were 132 crashes. We started this project to address this issue and the congestion problems. The $145 million upgrade of Armadale Road is now complete.
This project involved the construction of a 6.9 kilometre, four-lane dual carriageway between Tapper Road and Anstey Road, with dedicated turning lanes, intersection improvements and new shared path facilities
We upgraded what was the last remaining section of single lane carriageway of Armadale Road. It transformed the strategic freight route from a single carriageway road suited to a semi-rural environment, to a dual carriageway urban road to service the ongoing commercial and residential development of the area.
In particular, it provides better access to new residential developments, Cockburn train station, Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre and the Jandakot Industrial Area.
Other works included:
- New roundabouts at Liddelow Road and Taylor Road/ Wright Road intersections
- Nicholson Road intersection upgraded to a bridge over a roundabout
- A Principal Shared Path along the northern side of Armadale Road between Ghostgum Avenue and Anstey Road
- Minor upgrades at Ghostgum Avenue
- Rossiter Avenue converted to a left in left out only intersection