Armadale Road Upgrade
Tapper Road to Anstey Road
More than 30,000 vehicles use the Armadale Road and Nicholson Road intersection every day, 11 per cent of which are heavy vehicles. We started this project to improve safety and the congestion problems.
This project involved the construction of a 6.9 kilometre, four-lane dual carriageway between Tapper Road and Anstey Road, with dedicated turning lanes, intersection improvements and new shared path facilities
We upgraded what was the last remaining section of single lane carriageway of Armadale Road. It transformed the strategic freight route from a single carriageway road suited to a semi-rural environment, to a dual carriageway urban road to service the ongoing commercial and residential development of the area.
In particular, it provides better access to new residential developments, Cockburn train station, Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre and the Jandakot Industrial Area.
Other works included:
- New roundabouts at Liddelow Road and Taylor Road/ Wright Road intersections
- Nicholson Road intersection upgraded to a bridge over a roundabout
- A Principal Shared Path along the northern side of Armadale Road between Ghostgum Avenue and Anstey Road
- Minor upgrades at Ghostgum Avenue
- Rossiter Avenue converted to a left in left out only intersection