Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge
We will address congestion at the Kwinana Freeway, Armadale Road and Beeliar Drive interchange, Perth’s fifth most congested intersection by segregating heavy regional traffic from local traffic. In doing so, it will effectively create a bypass around Cockburn Central Train Station and Cockburn Gateway shopping centre.
A direct link will be provided between Armadale and North Lake roads, improving access to Kwinana Freeway and support residential and commercial expansion in Cockburn and Armadale.
Other works will include:
- Construction of a new bridge over Kwinana Freeway, connecting Armadale Road and North Lake Road
- Armadale Road upgraded from Tapper Road to Kwinana Freeway, passing over the intersection of Tapper Road with a new bridge, and under the intersection of Solomon Road via a trench structure
- New north-facing on and off ramps at Kwinana Freeway.
- Local roads reconfigured with two new roundabouts to maintain connectivity
- Collector-distributor roads on both sides of the Kwinana Freeway from Berrigan Drive to Armadale Road
- Modifications to the existing North Lake Road and Midgegooroo Avenue signalised intersection
- Additional lanes and turning capacity added to the intersection of Armadale Road and Ghostgum Avenue to support ongoing residential growth in the suburbs of Calleya and Treeby
Reduce congestion and support local expansion
Easier access to Cockburn Central Station
Complement other road improvements in the area
Page last reviewed: | Last updated: