HVS Update 23A-2021
Outcomes from the Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence Reference Group Expressions of Interest
In November 2021 Main Roads announced a review of the Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence scheme.
The review will consider key areas including Training & Competency Assessment, the Pilot Code of Conduct, the Introduction of Standards for Audits, and Licensing, and will seek to identify improvements to reflect the needs of the current WA environment.
To assist Heavy Vehicle Services (HVS) undertake the review, a Pilot Licence Reference Group is being established to consider significant aspects and inform decisions. To that end, HVS called for Expressions of Interest, which closed on 17 December 2021. There was keen interest, and a large number were received.
After consideration, the following stakeholders have accepted the invitation to join the Pilot Licence Reference Group:
- Jack Collier - Pilot
- Maria King - Manager
- Lisa Redmond - Pilot and Agent
- Guydon Boyle - Transport Operator Industry
- Leesa Pegus - Pilot and Agent
- Eric Vickers - Industry Association
- Matt Harston - Main Roads Traffic Escort Warden
- George Foessel - Registered Training Organisation
- Michael Dean - Community Representative
- Western Roads Federation - Industry Association
The review will be led by an independent facilitator and it is envisaged meetings are scheduled to commence in March 2022. Information about the progress of the group will be communicated via our Industry newsletter or via My Say Transport in due course.
Heavy Vehicle Services
23 February 2022