HVS Update 17-2020

Updated oversize permit conditions

The Class 1 RAV Oversize Period Permit Operating Conditions and the Single Trip Oversize Vehicle Standard Operating Conditions will be updated due to a change to the notification requirements prior to conducting contraflow movements within the Metropolitan Area.

From 1 July 2020, prior to an oversize / overmass vehicle undertaking a contraflow movement within the Metropolitan Area, the operator must contact Main Roads Network Operations Centre on 138 111 and advise of the location, date and time of the contraflow movement.

Operators are also reminded that written approval must be obtained from the City of Perth prior to an oversize / overmass vehicle undertaking a contraflow movement within the Perth Central Zone, in addition to notifying Main Roads Network Operations Centre.

The City of Perth can be contacted by emailing obstruction.permit@cityofperth.wa.gov.au or calling (08) 9461 3411.

The updated Operating Conditions will be published on the Oversize Over-mass Permits page of the Main Roads website on 30 June 2020.

For further information please contact the Heavy Vehicle Helpdesk on 138 486 or email hvs@mainroads.wa.gov.au


Heavy Vehicle Services
22 June 2020

Contact Us »

Get in touch with the Heavy Vehicles team on 138 486

In WA, a Main Roads issued permit or order is required when driving a Restricted Access Vehicle (RAV) on a public road.

Find out more

Acknowledgement of country

The Government of Western Australia acknowledges the traditional custodians throughout Western Australia and their continuing connection to the land, waters and community. We pay our respects to all members of the Aboriginal communities and their cultures; and to Elders both past and present.

Tell us what you think

Help us improve our website by sharing your thoughts and suggestions.

Provide feedback