WA Heavy Vehicle Accreditation (WAHVA)
WAHVA is mandatory for anyone requiring a permit or order to perform any transport task within Western Australia, including interstate operators.
Three mandatory modules make up the the accreditation requirements and are required to be incorporated into daily work practices.
The WAHVA Business Rules have been developed to assist you become and maintain your heavy vehicle accreditation.
Third Party Accreditation
A Sub Contractor may operate under an Accredited Operators (AO) accreditation under conditions specified in the Western Australia Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Business Rules.
For a Sub-contractor to be able to operate under another operator’s accreditation the following must occur:
- The sub-contractor or operator must complete A Third Party Accreditation Authorisation Form
- The form must include the vehicle(s) registration number and driver’s name(s).
- The form must include the accredited operator’s details.
- The form must be signed by the Accredited Operators nominated primary contact.
- When the form has been completed it is to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will confirm when the sub-contractor has been included under the operator’s accreditation.
Who requires Accreditation?
Accreditation in WA is mandatory for anyone that: Operates B-Double or Road Train Configurations; or Operates Truck & Trailer combinations over 42.5 tonnes gross mass; or Requires more than four single trips (oversize or overmass) per calendar year; or Operates under concessional loading scheme; or Requires an annual Permit or Notice; or Operates a RAV exceeding a width of 2.5 metres; or Operates a RAV exceeding a height of 4.3 metres; or Operates a RAV exceeding a length of 19 metres; and Operators who perform, transport tasks for hire or reward
Who is Exempt?
What classification of vehicle is exempt from accreditation requirements in WA? Buses; Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV); Agricultural Equipment; Vehicles that have a gross mass (GVM) of eight tonne or less; Recreational Boat Trailers.