Mitchell Freeway closure
Mitchell Freeway will be closed southbound in October for bridge works.
Published: 25 Aug 2020, Updated: 24 Sep 2020
Mitchell Freeway Southbound Closed
6pm, Saturday 10th October – 12pm, Sunday 11th October
- Mitchell Freeway southbound from Graham Farmer Freeway to Riverside Drive
- Mitchell Freeway southbound exit to Roe Street, Wellington Street and Riverside Drive
- Mitchell Freeway southbound entry from Charles Street, Market Street and Elder Street
- Graham Farmer Freeway access to Mitchell Freeway southbound
- Mitchell Freeway northbound remains open, however one lane will be closed as required
Getting to Kwinana Freeway southbound (Como)
Take the Mitchell Freeway exit to Graham Farmer Freeway via the tunnel, then take Great Eastern Highway to Canning Highway, and enter the freeway southbound.
Getting to Perth CBD
Take Mitchell Freeway exit to Graham Farmer Freeway via the tunnel, exit at East Parade and choose your route into the Perth CBD.
Getting from Perth CBD to Kwinana Freeway southbound
Use the Riverside Drive southbound on-ramp.
Coming from the north
Traffic from further north may want to consider travelling via Reid Highway, Tonkin Highway and Roe Highway as these roads have greater capacity.
Allow extra travel time as delays are expected.