Changes to the Traffic Management Company Registration Scheme
We're making changes to the requirements for pay and conditions for traffic management work for Main Roads Western Australia, and on State Roads.
Published: 18 October 2023, Updated: 18 October 2023
In 2015, Main Roads implemented a State Road Traffic Management Company Registration Scheme (Registration Scheme) to improve the quality of traffic management.
All traffic management companies/organisations operating on State Roads, including Main Roads and its contractors, Local Governments and utility providers, are required to be registered under the Registration Scheme.
The Registration Scheme was implemented to ensure traffic management companies/organisations have third party certified quality and safety systems in place, appropriate insurances, and evidence of suitable capabilities and experience.
By 1 July 2024, there will be a number of Additional Requirements made to the Registration Scheme, including:
- A minimum base rate of $35.67 per hour will apply for traffic management personnel (applicable to personnel who hold only Traffic Controller and/or Basic Worksite Traffic Management accreditation);
- A minimum base rate of $37.15 per hour will apply for traffic management personnel (applicable to personnel with higher Worksite Traffic Management accreditation, a Truck Mounted Attenuator Operator, Advanced Worksite Traffic Management accreditation, and/or Roadworks Traffic Manager accreditation);
- With some exceptions, the company implementing the traffic management must directly employ the traffic management personnel (ie there is to be no subcontracting out or use of labour hire employees);
- All other employment conditions must meet or exceed the conditions detailed in the Building and Construction General On-site Award 2020 (ie the entitlements for overtime, casual loading, etc); and
- Government agencies will be able to audit companies/organisations under the Registration Scheme, including the pay and conditions of employees.
To find out more:
Page last reviewed: | Last updated: