On 1 December 2012, we consolidated the Prime Mover Trailer and Truck Trailer Combination Period Permits into a single Notice published in the Western Australia Government Gazette (issued by the State Law Publisher)

Please visit our Notices page for further information.

A copy of the Overview and the FAQs is available for more information on the Notice.

Permits are required to operate certain types of Restricted Access Vehicles (RAVs) in Western Australia.  Permits are an instrument issued by the Commissioner of Main Roads to grant access to these vehicles to certain parts of the road network under specific operating conditions.

All RAVs require a permit, unless they are authorised under a class of notice issued by either the Commissioner of Main Roads or the Director General, Transport.    


Modified: 13 Jun 2017