Complaint Process

Complaints Handling Policy

Our complaints handling policy is available here for viewing or downloading:

The policy is also available in other languages and alternative formats including Braille. To request any of these alternative versions, please contact us in any of the ways listed below.


Contact Us

If you have a complaint, or you would like to provide feedback, our Customer Information Centre is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 138 138.

Alternatively, you can contact us by email at or through our online form.

We can also be contacted in the following ways:

    • By fax on (08) 9323 4430.
    • By post to PO Box 6202, East Perth WA 6892.
    • Through our Metropolitan and Regional offices.
    • People with speech or hearing difficulties can contact us using the National Relay Service (NRS) by calling 13 36 77. This service is an Australia-wide telephone access service. It is available at no additional charge.
    • For people who are most comfortable with languages other than English, the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) provides a free, national, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week telephone interpreting service on 131 450.


Customer Advocates

If you make a complaint and you are not satisfied with the way your complaint is handled, please phone our Customer Information Centre on 138 138 and ask to be referred to one of Main Roads' Customer Advocates.

Both of our Customer Advocates are Senior Managers with many years of operational and customer service experience. They will handle your complaint personally and conduct an independent review.

However, please note Main Roads' Customer Advocates cannot intervene in legal or statutory matters, including decisions regarding third party liability claims for damages.


The Ombudsman

If you still feel that your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may wish to contact the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is an independent and impartial person whose office investigates complaints about Western Australian Government agencies, statutory authorities, local governments and public universities. The Ombudsman reports directly to the Parliament of Western Australia - not to the State Government of the day.

The Ombudsman's office can be contacted on 9220 7555 or 1800 117 000 and is located at Level 2 Albert Facey House - 469 Wellington Street, Perth. For more information, please visit the website of the Ombudsman of Western Australia.


Modified: 01 Mar 2017